Installation design and installing
We design installations for all types of double check valve and reduced pressure zone backflow prevention system. When designing an install we do all that is possible on the site to provide adequate clearances from floors, ceilings and walls to provide access to the test cocks and to allow the repair and/or removal of the relief valve and check valves.
When possible we avoid the need for platforms, ladders or lifts to access the backflow system.
- Clearances standards are meet
- Assemblies are adequately supported
- Sized for hydraulic requirements
- Thermal water expansion
- Drainage for the backflow system
- Pit Installations that take into account ease of access, safety and gravity drainage
- Above ground gravity drainage and removable access panels for servicing and testing
- When installing within a building we pay attention for access and drainage considerations and the system is located to avoid electrical panels, areas of excessive heat, etc.
- We can provide a site plan, plumbing floor plan, vertical cross section and an engineer report.
- Certifying that the installation was done in accordance with approved plans; document and describe any changes or submit “As Built” plans when appropriate.
- Local water utility requirements
- Annual testing
- Electronic filing of reports with local authority
Our technicians are trained and certified to check mechanical backflow preventers to confirm that the internal seats, springs and moving parts that are subject to fouling, wear or fatigue are to standard and are functioning properly. In the case of when an air gap is used for a backflow presenting we preform a visual check to ensure that they are still in place.
We can perform any need repairs to your backflow equipment return to a factory fresh standard of operation.